Dragon Boat Charleston promotes the health and fitness of cancer survivors and the community. Read below for information on nutrition, and on other pages about exercise and community resources. Watch for DBC Winter Fitness opportunities later in the year! We stay fit all year long!!
Check out this delicious smoothie recipe for a great way to start the day! We call it:
- 1 banana
- handful of chopped and frozen papaya
- 2 dates (seed removed)
- touch of rice milk, a bit of water and ice cubes
- handful of kale
- handful of spinach
- handful of blueberries
- Add water as needed to thin and ENJOY!
Are These Superfoods In Your Regular Diet?
- Greek yogurt
- Fat free milk
- Lean beef
- Olive Oil
- Sweet Potatoes
- Red peppers
|Seven Major Warning Signs of Cancer
- Any persistent change in bowel or bladder function.
- Unusual bleeding or discharge.
- Persistent indigestion or difficulty swallowing.
- A nagging, hacking cough or hoarseness that lasts more than 2 weeks.
- Any sore that does not heal.
- A thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere.
- Recent change in the size or color of a wart or mole.
7-Day Cancer Fighting Meal Plan
Full of fresh fruits, vegetables, lean meats and whole grains! Click on this link for a meal plan and recipes!