Charleston Dragon Boat Festival - Voted "Lowcountry's Favorite Fundraising Event" in the 2016 Post & Courier's Charleston Choice Awards!
The 11th Annual Charleston Dragon Boat Festival was amazing! Our 57 teams worked so hard and had a record setting fundraising year! In total, after expenses, we will have raised nearly $170,000 to help DBC conduct programs and services for cancer survivors in the coming year! Registration for 2018 will open on December 1, 2018.
The Charleston Dragon Boat Festival is a fun day for corporate and community teams to picnic and paddle together on the Ashley River in 41 foot dragon boats. There's a reason we were voted "Favorite Lowcountry Fundraising Event" in the Post & Courier's Charleston Choice Awards! It's because you can't beat paddling to the beat of a dragon heart on the Ashley River with your friends! Mostly, it is a day when thousands of us come together to join together to FIGHT CANCER!
- Registration is $850
- DBC asks each paddler to raise at least $50
- No experience necessary, we will provide your training and we provide the boat
- Each team should consist of 20 paddlers, 1 drummer and some alternates.
- Only 2 Club paddlers per team (club paddler is defined as anyone who practices/ed regularly with a team, has attended a camp/clinic or has attended races).
- Team members must be at least 14 years of age. Waiver forms are required for ALL paddlers.
- Mixed teams must have a MINIMUM of 8 female paddlers
- 2 practice session will be provided two weeks before the festival for each team (captains sign up)
- Sponsorships are available! Email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How does your donation benefit Lowcountry cancer survivors? On average, it costs individuals $250.00 per person to participate with Dragon Boat Charleston (that does not include travel costs). Our mission is to make sure cancer survivors are able to participate WITHOUT ever paying that cost. Survivors participate in year-round paddling, yoga, nutrition, support and off-water exercise programs FREE OF CHARGE!
FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO WWW.CHARLESTONDRAGONBOATFESTIVAL.COM or email email@example.com